Washington State Investment Board, Olympia, made four new commitments totaling up to $1.2 billion, confirmed spokeswoman Liz Mendizabal.
The board, which oversees $94.6 billion, committed up to $600 million to global private equity fund TPG Capital Strategic Partners Account, an interim fund raised prior to TPG VII. The board has committed more than $2 billion to seven previous TPG funds since 2000.
Separately, the board committed up to €220 million ($302 million) to buyout fund Permira V, managed by Permira Advisers Group. The board previously committed €100 million to Permira IV in 2006.
The board also committed up to $250 million to Steelhead Midstream, an agricultural separate account managed by Wood Creek Capital Management. The Washington board owns 98.5% of the equity, with Wood Creek owning the other 1.5%.
A $50 million commitment also was made to ACM Permanent Crops, managed by Agriculture Capital Management. It's the first fund for ACM, which was founded in 2012.