Washington State Investment Board, Olympia, made four new commitments totaling up to $650 million, confirmed spokeswoman Liz Mendizabal.
The board committed up to $200 million to EIG Energy Fund XVI, a hybrid debt and structured equity fund managed by EIG Global Energy Partners, a new relationship for the board.
The board also committed up to $200 million to TPG Opportunities Partners III, a special situations fund managed by TPG Capital. It is the seventh commitment to the manager for the board, the most recent of which was $200 million to TPG Opportunities Partners II in 2012.
Also, the board committed up to $150 million to TCV VIII, a technology-focused growth equity fund managed by Technology Crossover Ventures. The board has previously committed to six TCV funds, the most recent of which was $30 million to TCV VII in 2008.
The board also committed up to $100 million to Olympic Sun to invest in U.S. cropland. WSIB will own 98% of the equity, with UBS AgriVest as general partner and manager, owning the other 2%. It is a new investment for the board.
The board, which oversees $94.6 billion including $70.5 billion in retirement plan assets, approved the commitments at its Nov. 25 meeting.