About 60 defined contribution plan executives were nominated for Innovator Awards in this second year.
The entire process — from nomination through judging — was online.
Pre-screening pared the list by more than two-thirds. The remaining entries were judged by DC industry members. Judges' scores were tallied, results distributed, and then the judges met on a conference call to pick the winners.
The judges were:
- L. Wayne Adams, director-investments, AT&T Corp., Dallas;
- Toni Brown, senior defined contribution specialist based in San Francisco for Capital Group Cos. Inc.;
- Jaye K. Ciontea, senior benefit analyst, Plexus Corp., Neenah, Wis.;
- Julia Durand, deferred compensation plan manager, San Francisco City & County Employees' Retirement System;
- Jaime Erickson, executive director for retirement benefits at Comcast Corp., Philadelphia;
- Jennifer Flodin, chief operating officer and co-founder, Plan Sponsor Advisors, Chicago;
- Dan Holupchinski, manager of retirement plans, Deluxe Corp., Shoreview, Minn.;
- Barbara A. Kontje, director of global retirement and Smart Saving, American Express Co., New York;
- Marla Kreindler, partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, Chicago;
- Jamie McAllister, vice president, Callan Associates Inc., Chicago; and
- Keith Overly, executive director, Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program, Columbus.