About 50 defined contribution plan executives were nominated for Innovator Awards in this inaugural year. The entire process — from nomination through judging — was online.
An initial review pared the list by more than 50%. The remaining entries were judged by about a dozen industry participants. Following the judging and a tally of the results, judges met on a conference call to pick the winners.
The judges were:
- L. Wayne Adams, director-investment, AT&T Corp., Dallas;
- Toni Brown, director of U.S. client consulting, Mercer, San Francisco;
- Jaye K. Ciontea, senior benefit analyst, Plexus Corp., Neenah, Wis.;
- William Clark, senior vice president and chief investment officer, Federal Reserve Office of Employee Benefits, Newark, N.J.;
- Marla Kreindler, partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, Chicago;
- Jamie McAllister, vice president, Callan Associates, Chicago;
- Cindy Moehring, executive director-corporate benefits, MGM Resorts, Las Vegas;
- Keith Overly, executive director, Ohio Deferred Compensation, Columbus;
- Jaime Erickson, director of retirement benefits, NBCUniversal, New York; and
- Thomas Woodruff, director of the retirement and benefits division, Office of the Connecticut State Comptroller, Hartford.