The New York State Teachers' Retirement System has renewed seven money manager contracts worth a total of $2.2 billion, confirmed John Cardillo, a spokesman for the $89.9 billion system.
The renewals, all for one year, are with:
- Cohen & Steers Capital Management, to actively manage $164 million in the preferred securities of real estate investment trusts and real estate operating companies, effective Sept. 13;
- Prima Capital Advisors, to actively manage $162 million in commercial mortgage-backed securities and investment-grade REITs, effective Oct. 1;
- Baillie Gifford Overseas, to manage $263 million as an active ACWI ex-U.S. international equity manager, effective Sept. 15;
- William Blair, to manage $360 million as an active ACWI ex-U.S. international equity manager, effective Sept. 22;
- T. Rowe Price Associates, to manage $414 million as a domestic equity enhanced passive manager, effective Oct. 30;
- Progress Investment Management, to manage $553 million as a manager of managers in a domestic equity all-cap strategy, effective Nov. 15; and
- Leading Edge Investment Advisors, to manage $272 million as a manager of managers in a domestic equity all-cap strategy, effective Nov. 22.
All of the renewals were approved July 25 by the NYSTRS retirement board at its quarterly meeting.
The renewals are posted on NYSTRS website.