Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, Columbus, hired 10 equity managers for its Ohio-based and emerging manager program to run a total of $400 million, confirmed spokesman Michael Pramik in an e-mail.
The program, for managers with less than $750 million each in assets under management, was approved by the board of the $76 billion retirement system in March.
The firms, all active long-only managers, are:
- Affinity Investment Advisors, a minority-owned firm, to run $40 million in domestic large caps;
- Credo Capital Management, minority-owned, $40 million in domestic midcap growth;
- Dean Investment Associates, an Ohio-based manager, $50 million in domestic broad-market value;
- Elessar Investment Management, Ohio-based manager, $20 million in domestic small-cap value;
- First Fiduciary Investment Counsel, Ohio-based, woman-owned manager, $40 million in domestic large caps;
- Hahn Capital Management, female-owned manager, $40 million in domestic midcap value;
- Nicholas Investment Partners, female-owned manager, $40 million in domestic midcap growth;
- Redwood Investments, female-owned manager, $40 million in domestic large-cap value;
- Strategic Global Advisors, female-owned manager, $50 million in international; and
- Winslow Asset Management, Ohio-based manager, $40 million in domestic broad markets.
The funding source will be determined before the end of the year, and contract negotiations are ongoing, according to Mr. Pramik.