Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board, Boston, is searching for at least one environmental, social and governance consultants, according to an RFP posted on the $41.3 billion fund's website. The RFP is available on the system's website at http://www.mapension.com/Rfp/RFP.htm. Proposals are due by 3 p.m. EDT Oct. 22. One copy must be sent to Hannah Commoss, Senior Investment Officer-Public Markets, Pension Reserves Investment Management Board, 84 State St., Boston, MA 02109 and one copy to [email protected] MassPRIM Executive Director Michael G. Trotsky could not be reached for comment.
Fayette County Employee's Retirement System, Uniontown, Pa., issued an RFQ for a manager to run $2 million to $4 million in open-end U.S. core private real estate, confirmed Warren Hughes, county manager who oversees the $45 million retirement fund, in a phone message. The mandate will be benchmarked to the NFI-ODCE index, according to the RFQ. The RFQ is available on the website of investment consultant Morrison Fiduciary Advisors at http://morrisonadvisors.com/investment. RFQs are due by 3 p.m. EDT Oct. 28. Interested parties can direct questions to Mr. Hughes by calling 724-430-1200, ext. 212, or by e-mail at [email protected] Mr. Hughes was not immediately available for further comment.
Illinois State Employees' Deferred Compensation Plan, Springfield, plans to search for a master custodian. The $12.8 billion Illinois State Board of Investment, Chicago, which oversees the $2.8 billion DC plan, will issue the RFP near the end of October. Incumbent State Street Bank & Trust can rebid, said William R. Atwood, ISBI executive director. The board is not dissatisfied with State Street, Mr. Atwood said. It is conducting the search for fiduciary concerns to gauge the market for best practices and competitive services and pricing, he added. The board plans to make the RFP available through Marquette Associates, the board's investment consultant, which is assisting in the search. The board could make a decision on hiring in December or March, Mr. Atwood added.
New York State Teachers' Retirement System, Albany, is searching for a firm to provide trade cost analysis services for the $76 billion system's domestic equity portfolio, according to an RFP on the system's website. The system has $34 billion in domestic equity “with approximately 95% internally managed in passive and enhanced strategies, and the remaining 5% managed externally by active managers,” according to the RFP, available at http://www.nystrs.org/main/about/procurement/TCA_RFP_9.23.10.pdf. Proposals are due by 2 p.m. EDT Nov. 3 and must be sent to Joe Romand, Purchasing Unit, New York State Teachers' Retirement System, 10 Corporate Woods Drive, Albany, NY 12211-2395. The contract will be awarded Dec. 1; the selected firm will begin no later than Feb. 21, 2011.
Davie (Fla.) Police Pension Plan is searching for a real estate manager to run $2 million, confirmed Steven Roth, director of manager research at Dahab Associates, the $66 million plan's investment consultant. Both core and core-plus strategies will be considered. It is a new allocation for the plan. The funding source and whether any managers will be terminated could not be learned. The RFP is available at http://www.dahab.com/searches.html. Completed RFPs must be submitted to [email protected] and proposals sent to Mr. Roth at Dahab Associates Inc., 423 S. Country Road, Bay Shore, NY 11706. The deadline for submission of the RFP is 5 p.m. EDT Nov. 3.
Iowa Public Employees' Retirement System, Des Moines, is searching for a risk management consulting firm, its first such move in the area. The $19.8 billion system plans to hire one firm, according to an RFP posted on its website, http://www.ipers.org. Wilshire Associates, the system's general investment consultant, “supports this project, but in order to eliminate any perceptions of conflicts of interest, has agreed that it will not submit a proposal for this mandate and will not serve on the selection committee” for candidates, according to the RFP. Karl Koch, Iowa PERS chief investment officer, said in an e-mail. The system expects the selected consultant to assist in reviewing investment risks, evaluating current investment risk management practices, developing an overall risk appetite statement, creating investment risk management policies and strategies, and possibly evaluating and selecting risk management or analytical software, according to the RFP. Proposals are due Nov. 10. The system could make a decision in December or January.