Barclays Global Investors, San Francisco, is seeking to fill six investment-related openings. They are:
• Equity trading researcher. Candidates should have a doctorate degree in finance, economics, statistics or other quantitative discipline. The researcher would generate statistical arbitrage trading opportunities and improve execution of alpha strategies in BGI's global advanced active area, which manages $136 billion. Other qualifications include three years of experience in trading strategies and research, with hedge fund experience an advantage.
• Portfolio manager in the allocations group. Duties include managing fund-of-funds and overlay strategies across multiple market capitalizations, countries and asset classes. The group manages $3.5 billion. Qualifications include four years of investment experience.
• Strategy analyst in the U.S. alpha strategies group, which manages $67 billion. BGI is seeking someone with an advanced degree in finance, economics, math, physics, engineering or related fields and at least two years of relevant experience in investing. Duties include designing tools to assist in risk management and assisting portfolio managers in analyzing portfolios.
• Transition manager. Duties include devising implementation strategies, evaluating preliminary trade estimates and other portfolio analysis. Qualifications include three to six years of experience as a portfolio manager or trader.
• An assistant portfolio manager in the U.S. alpha strategies group, a new position. Duties include managing the day-to-day investment process, investing client cash flows and assisting in research and rebalancing strategy. Qualifications include one or two years of investment experience.
• Proxy operations manager, a new position, responsible for managing proxy voting, including overseeing two proxy analysts.