District of Columbia Retirement Board, Washington, hired Capital Guardian Trust as its second international equities manager to run 25% of the funds international equities allocation, according to the boards meeting minutes. Bank of Ireland, which managed the entire allocation previously, will manage the remaining 75% of the $2 billion funds international equities exposure. Bank of Ireland managed $356.4 million for the system as of the end of September.
The system also placed Western Asset Management, a fixed-income manager, on its watch list.
The board hired Chatham Partners as a consultant to search for a global custodian.