AEGON USA/Transamerica is the latest insurance company to move its investment management functions into a separate company. Transamerica Investment Management will manage $12 billion from its parent company in mutual fund and separate account assets for institutional and retail clients.
The new unit provides portfolio managers and other senior staff with a 20% ownership stake in profit interests. AEGON will own the remaining 80%.
Richard Latzer is CEO; Gary Rolle is president and chief investment officer. Other managers are: Bill Miller, senior vice president and COO; Christina Stiver, vice president, marketing; Jeff Van Harte, senior vice president and head of equities; Chris Bonavico, vice president; Heidi Hu and Matthew Kuhns, both vice presidents who manage fixed income; and Thomas Ray, vice president who manages convertible bonds.