Bob Dole swept President Clinton in a presidential poll Saturday of some 300 attendees of the Investment Management Consultants Association conference in Chicago. About 74% said they would vote for Mr. Dole in the election, while 21% would vote for Mr. Clinton. Ross Perot got 4% of the vote, and 1% voted for no one.
On whether the U.S. economy would fall into a recession in the next 12 months, 51% believe there isn't a chance, 35% believe there is a 50-50 chance and 14% believe it's coming now. On concern about interest rates rising in the next year, 5% were very concerned, 49% were moderately concerned and 46% were not concerned.