REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
MANAGERS WITH 50 TO 99 EMPLOYEES
Vulcan Value Partners
Headquarters: Birmingham, Ala.
AUM: $20 billion as of June 30
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
“Vulcan Value Partners is an investment manager based in Birmingham, Ala., focused on public equities. Vulcan’s culture is grounded in its core values: serve others before self; perform with discipline; seek excellence; find success; remain focused; never compromise
integrity; and walk the talk. Vulcan believes people are important and invests in the whole employee. Employees are given opportunities to learn and develop and are expected to grow as leaders and teammates. Vulcan’s mission, philosophy, investment strategies and culture have been designed to create an exceptional organization.”
3 COOL THINGS:
• Vulcan offers $5,000 for professional development of an employee’s choosing and an unlimited budget for role-specific training. The company also pays for a spouse to accompany an employee on one business trip per year.
• Because of the pandemic, Vulcan waived the 12-month waiting period for its family medical leave policy. Now, any full-time employee who must be away from work due to a serious health condition or to care for an immediate family member is eligible for up to 20 weeks of fully paid leave. Its $100 monthly fitness reimbursement policy now also includes online workouts and home gym equipment, and child-care reimbursement now also includes in-home sitters and virtual child-care services.
• Fully paid maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption assistance and infertility financial assistance.
• “Everyone at this organization is family — not like every other job I have been at, where they say they are family but forget the word ‘dysfunctional.’ I legitimately love the people I work with and feel loved by them. I am confident that if I had a work or personal issue and asked anyone for help, they would do whatever in their power to provide that assistance.
I would also do the same for them.”
• “My supervisor always asks at the end of a meeting, ‘What can I do for you?’ He truly cares about my well-being and my growth within the company. He gives me the support I need to do my job well. It makes me want to walk on fire for him and the company!”
• “The organization lives its core values. The No. 1 core value is ‘serve others before self.’ That value alone makes Vulcan Value Partners a great place to work. From the CEO on down,
everyone serves the rest of the team!”
GROUP EXERCISE: Vulcan staff members participated in the one-mile fitness walk during the Birmingham Corporate Challenge. Staffers also participated in the golf and bowling events.
Profiles written by Rick Baert, Erin Chan Ding, Suzanne Cosgrove, Julie Tatge and Trilbe Wynne
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2021 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2021 Best Places to Work in Money Management.