REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
MANAGERS WITH 100 TO 499 EMPLOYEES
William Blair Investment Management
AUM: $74.1 billion as of June 30
3 COOL THINGS:
• Emphasizes giving back,
through on- and off-site volunteer opportunities, contributes $11,500 per year in matching gifts (with a 3:1 match for charities that promote inclusion, racial equality and social justice), and paid time off to volunteer. In 2020, William Blair
and its foundation supported more than 900 charitable organizations. The firm, its foundation and its employees donated $6.6 million in 2020.
• Provides employees with the same advisory services offered to external wealth management clients, but at a discounted fee. Offers one-to-one sessions with the
company’s retirement plan administrator.
• In response to the pandemic, amplified benefits programs: eliminated insurance deductibles for testing and treatment of COVID-19, offers telehealth and provides enhanced cell phone stipends and onetime equipment stipends for home offices.
• “Every level of the management that I have experienced so far in my 11 months here makes you feel valued as not only a team member but as an individual as well. The overall morale and culture of the people who work here is very positive and encouraging.”
• “Blair does fun desk drops (or home/email drops during COVID) like backpacks, cookies/candy, gift cards and other ways to celebrate successes and milestones.”
• “Impact on the community and non-profit organizations during the pandemic was
very touching and made me proud to work at William Blair. We were all treated like
adults with great care for our safety and families’ wellbeing. The stipend for office
supplies/equipment at the beginning of the pandemic was very thoughtful.”
FUTURE OF WORK: Hybrid meetings are the new normal at William Blair, facilitated by the firm’s support for working from home, including stipends for equipment and phones, and social opportunities.
Profiles written by Rick Baert, Erin Chan Ding, Suzanne Cosgrove, Julie Tatge and Trilbe Wynne.
Results are based on a two-part process comprised of employee surveys and an employer questionnaire. “William Blair” refers to William Blair Investment Management, LLC. William Blair is a registered trademark of William Blair & Company, L.L.C.
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2021 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments
2021 Best Places to Work in Money Management.