Charles Schwab Investment Management located in San Francisco.
AUM: $422.5 billion
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“Charles Schwab Investment Management consistently has one of highest-ranking engagement scores across Schwab’s dozen departments. The secret ingredients to its strong culture are trust, humanity, humor and humility. Leadership’s motto sets the tone: ‘Asset management is a team sport and everyone’s role within CSIM is valued and appreciated.’”
- Emphasizes employee and team recognition. The firm celebrates anniversary milestones, business accomplishments and recognizes workers at all-employee meetings who demonstrate corporate values and behaviors.
- Encourages skill development, career growth and networking through a mentoring program; “Learning Labs,” where different teams share what they do at the firm with their colleagues; and training.
- Puts together social gatherings to give employees a chance to connect outside of the office and have fun; activities include bowling, cooking competitions, Spirit Week, the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge and Pi Day.
- “The actions of the leadership demonstrate priorities: What’s best for the client, and what’s best for the employee. This organization is thoughtful on what it invests in to secure the life of the business going forward — the technology and the people.”
- “Every conversation with co-workers, business partners or superiors seems to end with the question: ‘Is there anything else I can do for you?’”
- “Everyone is open to help and tries to get to know you at a more personal level. People understand here that developing an inclusive culture where people are friendly and share their personal experiences ultimately motivates you and creates a work environment where everyone can excel.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy