Western Asset Management located in Pasadena, California.
AUM: $428.8 billion
Years won: 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“Every team member is approachable and willing to roll up their sleeves to support each other and our clients as well as the communities in which each office is located. ... We provide resources that take a holistic view of employees’ lives — not focused exclusively on physical fitness, but also on mental, emotional and financial health.”
- Offers wellness activities, including fitness challenges, presentations on well-being and a basketball team; provides health-care options with no employee premiums.
- Hosts celebrations for seasonal events, such as football and baseball games, the Fourth of July, Cinco de Mayo, the World Cup, Halloween and the Tournament of Roses parade.
- Hosts guest speakers each quarter, covering a range of topics from financial wellness to making decisions about elder care; and supports employee development with continuing education assistance, including tuition and certification reimbursement. Offers in-person and online learning through its Western Asset University program.
- “The firm promotes team spirit and collaboration, and most of my colleagues embrace that value. It also tries to provide transparency and communication by offering insights and exchanges and other events.”
- “Good people. Great mix of humble and swagger. That’s the secret sauce. You generally don’t have to beg others to help — they come running if you ask.”
- “My voice is heard. When I raise an issue that affects my work, there is immediate discussion and action to address the issue. ... The level of collaboration is so high it’s unreal, wouldn’t exist at other workplaces.”
Compiled by Rick Baert