Voya Investment Management located in New York.
AUM: $214 billion
Years won: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“Employees like that they can make a tangible difference in how the company is run and how we serve our clients. In our surveys, employees use words like ‘empowered,’ 'appreciated’ and ‘teamwork’ to describe our firm. Employees also like the fact that Voya truly believes in a healthy work-life balance. Senior management understands that staff have a life outside of Voya and ‘life happens.’”
- Promotes socialization and networking through events such as mini-golf and pingpong competitions; and sponsors an annual executive-hosted ice cream social in each office location.
- Supports employees’ philanthropic interests by offering an additional 40 hours of paid time off for volunteer work each year. Employees can also donate to the non-profit of their choice with a foundation match of $5,000.
- Provides exceptional retirement benefits: a 6% 401(k) match, a 4% defined benefit plan and a deferred compensation plan that aligns with the company’s overall mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family, one institution at a time.
- “Not a big ego factor throughout the organization. People hired are approachable and the tone from the top is open and transparent.”
- “What gives us our edge is the culture of teamwork and doing the right thing by our clients and our team members. We continue to improve our focus on diversity of thought and backgrounds.”
- “There are many initiatives that Voya takes on that are very respectable, such as Voya Cares, the National Day of Service, the amount of hours that can be taken to volunteer, and there’s a diverse set of employee resource groups that everyone seems to appreciate.”
Compiled by Rick Baert