REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
December 11, 2023
MANAGERS WITH 50-99 EMPLOYEES
Napier Park Global Capital
Headquarters: New York
AUM: $20.3 billion as of June 30
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
“Napier Park Global Capital is a leading alternative credit manager with approximately $20 billion in assets under management. Napier Park differentiates itself through its decades of specialized credit expertise, world-class infrastructure and creativity, providing effective solutions to a broad range of institutional clients. Napier Park fosters a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment built on a foundation of mutual respect and integrity. Our clients, performance and teamwork drive every aspect of our culture.’’
THREE COOL THINGS:
• Runs a two-year rotational analyst program that targets entry-level candidates from diverse backgrounds. Its Evergreen recruitment program also works on developing a pipeline of diverse candidates for open positions. A working group of 12 employees at various levels also leads the firm in executing its diversity, equity and inclusion action plans.
• Employees can use floating holidays to observe days of faith or cultural days that are important to them and their families. Each employee also receives one personal day for volunteering.
• Pays for identity-theft protection, which covers employees up to $1 million. Adoption assistance benefits cover qualified medical costs and legal expenses up to $50,000.
• “People on leave are encouraged to unplug as much as possible, and the team works to pick up the slack evenly. It really allows for great work-life balance. Additional hybrid working flexibility is strongly encouraged.”
• “Management deeply cares about the well-being of their employees. They listen, and they adjust. This is felt at every level of the firm. … The firm strongly believes in giving back either by volunteering or recruiting employees from underrepresented groups.”
• “They do a good job hiring the right kind of people, people who are team players and that get along with each other. They instill the company’s culture in all of their employees, which starts at the top. What you end up with is a group of people who work well together to get the job done.”
THANKFUL: Napier Park hosts an annual Firmsgiving event in honor of Thanksgiving to express the firm’s gratitude to its employees. Employees gather for a traditional Thanksgiving meal and play interactive games.
— Erin Chan Ding
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2023 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2023 Best Places to Work in Money Management.