MANAGERS WITH 100-499 EMPLOYEES
Headquarters: Los Angeles
AUM: $23.1 billion as of June 30
U.S. Employees: 146
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
“Since 1998, PCCP, LLC has been providing commercial real estate debt and equity capital for middle-market real estate projects throughout the United States, and we have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta and Los Angeles. PCCP is an established fiduciary for its global investors with a mission to be the most credible investor and trusted advisor in the real estate investment industry by embracing relationships, collaboration and empowerment as core values. We think beyond the capital to create and nurture enduring relationships, both externally and internally. We are one team, and we share ownership, accountability and credit. We encourage diversity in thought, background and approach, and we engage by getting the job done with energy and enthusiasm. We inquire, pursue new ideas, think and innovate.”
THREE COOL THINGS:
• Employees at all levels are encouraged to listen in on deal pipeline and investment committee meetings, which provides exposure to both the debt and equity sides of the business. Employees say that PCCP is an excellent place to learn, with collaboration encouraged across all levels, up to the partners, and a focus on professional development that includes skill-building and training in leadership and management.
• Everyone has direct access to partners and senior management. PCCP’s leadership is accessible, approachable and encourages input, which creates an environment in which employees enjoy coming to work with passion and enthusiasm, they tend to stay a long time and they develop meaningful relationships.
• Personal and professional health, wellbeing and mindfulness are ingrained in the culture. The company offers flexibility and a culture of openness with flexible hours, weekly free lunches, organized activities, game tables in the office and volunteer events at local nonprofits that foster fun, camaraderie and giving back.
• “The organization is run by a set of individuals who really care about their employees. They are totally transparent on all issues (good or bad) and even as we have grown have kept a familial feeling vs. going corporate. PCCP is well run and somewhere I hope to be for a long time.”
• “Open discussions with senior leadership is great.” PCCP “has some of the most intelligent and experienced leaders that I have experienced, and I feel strongly that they will guide the ship well and can be trusted.” PCCP is “filled with highly intelligent people that continuously challenge one another. Makes work here more stimulating than your typical financial services firm.”
• Management provides “clear messaging and expectations.” It has a “high-performance culture while remaining empathetic and psychologically safe,” which “makes everyone feel important and valued and understands that we are humans with real lives and needs.” Also, “pay is great.”
— Erin Chan Ding
PCCP's 25th anniversary celebration in Coronado, CA.
This content is sponsored and not created, written or produced by the editors of Pensions & Investments and does not represent the views or opinions of the publication or its parent company, Crain Communications Inc.