REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
December 11, 2023
MANAGERS WITH 50 to 99 EMPLOYEES
Dana Investment Advisors
Headquarters: Waukesha, Wis.
AUM: $6.9 billion as of June 30
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
“Dana Investment Advisors is a Best Place to Work because of the strong family culture it
has built and maintained since inception. The company strives to be creative and generous
in doing all it can for employees, so employees remain at Dana to do all they can for its
clients. The company has consistently added talented professionals and experienced
virtually zero turnover. The company has been a leader in ESG investing since 2000
and is passionate about ingraining these values into the company as part of its culture.
Creating an environment that employees value as the ‘best’ takes work, and Dana’s leadership understands the benefits of it and therefore is keenly focused on maintaining
this type of environment and culture.”
THREE COOL THINGS:
• Pays 100% of medical, dental and vision premiums for employees and dependents
and also offers a health reimbursement plan that pays 100% of the first 80% of plan
deductibles, as well as pretax flexible spending and child-care plans.
• Offers wellness perks, including on-site workout facilities with lockers and showers, healthy drinks and snacks, a golf simulator and a serenity room with a massage chair.
• Integrated a profit-sharing contribution, in which it contributes 15% of all employee
wages up to IRS limits to staff members’ retirement plans.
• “Dana truly has a family culture, where we are all proud of each other, the firm, and our products and services. It is not a hierarchical organization, which I think empowers employees to think creatively and take ownership of their work, which ultimately leads to higher job satisfaction.”
• “No micromanagement — allowing the freedom to accomplish the tasks at hand
freely and efficiently.”
• “Even though Dana has grown to over 50 employees, it still maintains a family feel.
Excellent employee benefits.”
READY FOR THEIR CLOSE-UP: Dana staff members mug for the camera in the photo booth during Dana’s annual holiday party. The firm, 100% employee owned, touts its strong family culture, citing the almost complete lack of employee turnover.
— Erin Chan Ding
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2023 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2023 Best Places to Work in Money Management.