REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
December 11, 2023
MANAGERS WITH 1,000+ EMPLOYEES
Principal Asset Management
Headquarters: Des Moines, Iowa
AUM: $525.2 billion as of June 30
U.S. Employees: 1,555
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
“At Principal, we invest in what matters and building talented teams is where it all begins. We’re drawn to people who bring unique perspectives, passion and expertise to help us advance the financial security and well-being of our customers, transform our growing business and drive positive change in the communities where we live and work. We’re actively transforming the way the world thinks about financial services, reimagining a more distinct and purpose-led future for financial systems and experiences. Our global community of team members works toward one common goal: a world where more people and businesses have greater access to financial security.”
THREE COOL THINGS:
• Hosts an annual Global Inclusion Summit; during this year’s summit, employees discussed topics around an “intent to impact,” which included sessions around unconscious
bias and discussions around generational connections at work.
• Flexible hours help employees accommodate children’s school events and doctors’ appointments. The firm also has lactation facilities.
• A Hire Our Heroes program promotes and supports veterans with job opportunities and career advancement.
• “I love my job. Been here 15 years and never once experienced a bad day. I am also a female in sales. Always treated with respect. People are happy to be here. We make a difference. My boss is incredible and (has) been same one for 13 years. Very lucky to work here.”
• “I feel the organization treats its employees well and does a great job focusing on diversity and making employees feel included, which is appealing for outside applicants.”
• “The individuals that work here are top-notch. The organization also provides facilities to exercise and encourages employees to do so. Additionally, communication is generally good. The organization also attempts to minimize layoffs by finding alternative ways to cut expenses.”
FOOD AID: Principal staffers help pack meals for Meals from the Heartland, which aims to alleviate life-threatening hunger through education, engagement and meal distribution. Principal employees can request individual and team grants for volunteering efforts to which they feel a deep connection.
Principal employees have meaningful opportunities to display thought leadership through a variety of forums, such as the firm’s annual national sales conference.
— Erin Chan Ding
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2023 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2023 Best Places to Work in Money Management.