REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
December 11, 2023
MANAGERS WITH 100-499 EMPLOYEES
Liberty Mutual Investments
AUM: $100 billion as of June 30
THREE COOL THINGS:
• Offers a hybrid working schedule. And in July and August, all LMI employees work remotely, giving employees the opportunity to see relatives overseas or explore new parts of the country.
• In 2023, introduced the LMI Women’s Network and nominated several female investors to attend the Kayo Women’s Leadership Retreat. A DEI task force aims to advance and attract diverse investor talent. And employee recognition programs include a DEI award.
• Champions employee development: Junior investment professionals lead deal review committee presentations, being the first to pitch deals, take questions, and defend their thesis. Such on-the-job training opportunities are considered core to an apprenticeship culture. An internal leadership acceleration program provides dedicated coaching and additional development programming for high-performing employees.
• “After working in several financial services companies, this organization seems to have taken the best of the cultures and gotten rid of the negatives. LMI has high-performing, ambitious talent but within an environment of collaboration and teamwork. Being part of an insurance company gives extra meaning to our work. We are managing money to help support people during their time of need when they have an insurance claim. The leaders of this organization lead by example. They go out of their way to provide mentorship and have true open-door policies. They also make it a point to show humanity, getting to know employees.”
• “High level of integrity, doing what’s right in the interest of our clients, partners, customers and our people. Strong commitment to shared vision and contributing to the organization’s success.”
• “Allows employees to be themselves and provides the resources and environment to bring out your best. Lets you spark your own intellectual curiosity while contributing to the mission of the company. Tremendous flexibility to work as you feel comfortable.”
— Bailey McCann
A LITTLE R&R: During this year’s annual summer party, Liberty Mutual employees enjoyed food, games and entertainment at the Lawn On D in Boston’s Seaport District. Employees listened to live music and played games, including cornhole, pickleball and Connect 4.
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2023 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2023 Best Places to Work in Money Management.