REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
MANAGERS WITH 100 TO 499 EMPLOYEES
William Blair Investment Management
AUM: $64.3 billion as of June 30
U.S. Employees: 338
THREE COOL THINGS:
• Supports work-life balance via meeting-free Fridays and a four-week, work-from-anywhere policy.
• Fosters connections via an internal “storytelling” series that tells the personal and professional stories of colleagues.
• Works to attract diverse candidates through its internal Always Be Recruiting program, in which firm “ambassadors” actively engage to find pipeline talent from all walks of life for future openings. Also founded the Asset Management Diversity Accelerator, a 24-month rotational development program targeting degree diversity and
those from racially/ethnically diverse backgrounds.
• “Blair has an unbelievable benefits package and encourages employees toward further education.”
• “I feel like a valued colleague — not a number. My manager spends time with me to discuss my career development and gives me good feedback. I also appreciate the firm’s mission of engaging in our communities — I’m proud to be part of such a giving organization.”
• “Each team knows how best to help the company. ... Everyone treats each other with respect and wants the best for other teams, which makes for a really great synergistic environment.”
AWARD WINNERS: Past and present winners of William Blair’s John Nicholas Award, from left, Michael Thompson, Patti Lauer, Reto Baruffol, Lisa Rusch and Steve Lotz smile for the camera. The award is given annually in the name of a deceased colleague to a staffer who embodies the qualities of excellence, engagement and authenticity.
— Bailey McCann
Results are based on a two-part process comprised of employee surveys and an employer questionnaire. “William Blair” refers to William Blair Investment Management, LLC. William Blair is a registered trademark of William Blair & Company, L.L.C.
Pensions & Investments partners with Best Companies Group to conduct the Best Places to Work in Money Management survey and to tabulate the survey’s rankings. William Blair Investment Management pays a licensing fee for unlimited rights to use the Pensions & Investments digital reprint and the Pensions & Investment Best Places to Work in Money Management multiyear logo badge.
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2023 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments
2023 Best Places to Work in Money Management.