REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
MANAGERS WITH 50 TO 99 EMPLOYEES
Corbin Capital Partners
Headquarters: New York
AUM: $8.4 billion as of June 30
U.S. Employees: 59
THREE COOL THINGS:
• Pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance to all employees and eligible dependents. Reimburses fitness and wellness apps up to $50 a month.
• Works to compile a diverse candidate pool by requiring that at least 40% of female candidates and 30% of applicants who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color) are considered at the first stage of the company’s interview process. Also instituted a panel balanced for gender and race at each stage of job interviewing.
• Added remote-work weeks to its hybrid work model. In-person attendance for the following weeks is voluntary: Fourth of July week, Thanksgiving week, the last week of December and two weeks of the summer based on team needs.
• “Corbin is a firm that is incredibly thoughtful and in-tuned to their employees. You
feel extremely valued, and that you matter. Opinions are considered, they are constantly sending surveys to get employee feedback, and when times get tough, the leaders are very
supportive and caring. … At a high level, Corbin’s leaders and managers care about
cultural — and personality — fit during the hiring process, so over the years, the employees
brought into the firm tend to share similar values, including teamwork, thoughtfulness
• “The organization does not take itself too seriously. It is willing to have fun along the way.
The people here genuinely try to be good people and friendly with the people they work with.”
• “Corbin’s culture is unique in the money management industry: Its flat structure allows
me to get more responsibility as I’m ready for it regardless of my title, and the willingness to give junior people opportunities results in amazing exposure. I’ve always felt comfortable
confiding in my managers and asking questions to anyone on my team. People at this firm are there for each other and enjoy being around one another, which makes it such a fun place to work. I am so proud to be an employee here.”
FIGHTING HUNGER: Corbin staff members volunteered with City Harvest, which provides food rescue and distribution, education, and other solutions in order to end hunger in communities throughout New York.
— Erin Chan Ding
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2023 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2023 Best Places to Work in Money Management.