REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
December 12, 2022
MANAGERS WITH 1,000+ EMPLOYEES
Principal Asset Management
Headquarters: Des Moines, Iowa
AUM as of June 30: $631.7 billion
In their own words:
“At Principal, we invest in what matters and building talented teams is where it all begins. We’re drawn to people who bring unique perspectives, passion and expertise to help us advance the financial security and well-being of our customers, transform our growing business and drive positive change in the communities where we live and work. We’re actively transforming the way the world thinks about financial services, reimagining a more distinct and purpose-led future for financial systems and experiences. Our global community of team members works toward one common goal: a world where more people and businesses have greater access to financial security.”
3 cool things:
• Provides regular, transparent communication from senior leaders, competitive benefits and a tailored approach to flexibility that fits employees’ needs and allows them and their teams to prioritize life and work.
• Promotes developmental opportunities, including its dedicated leader development programs, on-demand resources, formal learning, large audience forums and small group discussions as well as a new leader role support program.
• Offers choice of medical plan options when many peer organizations have chosen to offer only high-deductible plans. Contributes $500 or $1,000 toward a health savings account for account-based health plan medical plan participants.
• “Culture is amazing. Also love that they have embraced remote work rather than forced all work to occur in the office. Talent level is increasing substantially because of it.”
• “Does a really great job of being inclusive, respectful and providing endless tools and training to be successful individually and as a team. Great organization that truly cares about our people as a competitive advantage.”
• “Flexible time-off program strongly supports work-life balance. As long as you are getting your job done, you can take as much time off as you need. Good employee benefit programs.”
FLYING IN: Principal employees from around the globe traveled to New York to celebrate the launch of Principal Asset Management by ringing the Nasdaq closing bell.
WINNER PROFILES WRITTEN BY RICK BAERT, ERIN CHAN DING, SUZANNE COSGROVE, STEPHANIE FORSHEE and SERGIO PADILLA
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2022 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2022 Best Places to Work in Money Management.