REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
MANAGERS WITH 500-999 EMPLOYEES
Voya Investment Management
Headquarters: New York
AUM as of June 30: $330 billion
In their own words:
“In addition to our benefits and innovative programs that support our firm’s commitment to our communities, employees like that our culture is flat, transparent and non-ego driven. Our senior management is accessible to all levels of employees and actively make the effort to cultivate and develop the next level of talent to help them advance in their careers via mentoring, formal training programs and skip-level meetings. We are also unique in that while we have a long history, as part of ING, we are effectively a relatively new company. Employees like that they can make a tangible difference in how the company is run and how we serve our clients.”
3 cool things:
• Provides management training and awareness, as well as individualized executive coaching to high-performing, high-potential employees. Partners with American Banker, Catalyst, The Glass Hammer and the Robert Toigo Foundation for development, network and exposure opportunities.
• Committed to recruiting and retaining veterans and retired military. Engages with strategic partners such as Wounded Warrior Project to attract and retain veterans. Also has a veterans employee-led council that promotes a greater understanding of the expertise and perspectives that veterans bring to the work environment, enables career growth, advocacy and provides insight on the recruitment of veterans.
• Promotes a commitment to the community by encouraging volunteer work during work hours. Employees are paid up to 40 hours a year for volunteer time away. Employees also may donate to the non-profit of their choice, with a foundation match of $5,000.
• “As a proponent of giving back to the community, I am thankful this organization provides us time away from work to contribute to charities. I appreciate my manager’s trust in me, allowing me to perform my responsibilities with little or no supervision.”
• “Fosters a healthy culture of collaboration, camaraderie and fulfillment. Good benefits and flexible work (PTO, WFH, etc.) that results in great work-life balance, which in turn fosters more productivity and a better culture.”
• “The culture, the communication, the time senior management takes to do town halls, virtual brown bags, the engagement with the community, the way we truly care about our clients’ finances. They are a family behind that dollar that trusts us to help them in retirement and in college. This carries over to how employees are treated as well.”
HELPING OTHERS: Voya staffers pose while helping pack boxes for Meals on Wheels. Employees are encouraged to volunteer during work hours and are paid up to 40 hours a year to do so.
WINNER PROFILES WRITTEN BY RICK BAERT, ERIN CHAN DING, SUZANNE COSGROVE, STEPHANIE FORSHEE and SERGIO PADILLA
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2022 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2022 Best Places to Work in Money Management.