REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
December 13, 2021
MANAGERS WITH 50-99 EMPLOYEES
Alaska Permanent Fund Corp.
Headquarters: Juneau, Alaska
AUM: $81.9 billion as of June 30
3 cool things:
• Staff perks include Random Breakfast Day, when the human resources team surprises staff with breakfast goodies; evening cocktail gatherings; a weekly yoga class and three weekly meditation classes; encouragement to hike outside during lunch; and service awards for work anniversaries that include a pin and certificate signed by Alaska’s governor.
• Identifies women working in support and operations areas without typical finance and business backgrounds and pairs them with senior investors for experience. As a result, some women have transitioned from administrative or accounting roles to the investing side of
• 401(k) plan includes a mandatory employee contribution of 8%, with a 5% match by the fund. Because Alaska Permanent does not participate in Social Security, it matches employees’ 6.13% deduction that would normally go to the federal government, producing an
additional 12.26% contribution toward retirement.
• “There is something incredibly special about this organization. Many of us are far from family and friends; we really take care of each other here, not only professionally but personally as well. I've never worked at a place where so many people (are) looking out for each other.”
• “APFC's values — integrity, stewardship and passion — are evident throughout the corporation and staff. Employees have the opportunity to benefit future Alaskans with the work they're doing and are given the tools necessary to do their work to the best of their ability.”
• “I've never been treated so incredibly well as an employee as I am here at APFC. For the first time in my career, I truly feel like a member of a team and not just a number. APFC and my supervisors make me feel like I am truly cared for. Since this job is in Juneau, it truly has the small-town feel while continuing to have world-class service and global connections.”
TEAM: The APFC’s A-Team softball team takes a knee after a hard-fought contest. APFC is supportive of activities that help build an inclusive culture and that emphasize the firm’s values of integrity, stewardship and passion.
Profiles written by Rick Baert, Erin Chan Ding, Suzanne Cosgrove, Julie Tatge and Trilbe Wynne.
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2021 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments 2021 Best Places to Work in Money Management.