REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
MANAGERS WITH 100 TO 499 EMPLOYEES
William Blair Investment Management
AUM as of June 30: $61.7 billion
3 COOL THINGS:
• Offers a 3:1 match for charities that promote inclusion, racial equality and social justice. Paid day off each calendar year to volunteer. In addition, the company offers opportunities to volunteer with community partners.
• Enhanced its benefits program as result of the pandemic, including testing and treatment for COVID-19 not being subject to the deductible; telehealth; enhanced cell phone stipends and providing one-time equipment stipends to help employees set up a more efficient home office.
• Seasonal gatherings throughout the year include celebrations for events such as March
Madness, Thanksgiving, an annual holiday party and celebration of milestone anniversaries.
• “Planned technology rollouts were moved forward as the pandemic took hold, allowing for a seamless transition (and showing what an agile company this is). Employees were given, and continue to be given, tremendous support, including technology assistance and stipends. Steps have been taken to ensure there is work-life balance when we are working from home, including an extra vacation day this summer.”
• “William Blair has consistently shown how much it cares for the employees through surprise
bonuses, paid personal days, get-togethers at restaurants, and the concern for overall safety by
implementing WFH (work from home) options and not making major layoffs or terminations.”
• “This organization values each individual. Throughout their recruiting process, they focus on seeking diverse candidates who have similar morals and values to the company. They work to promote an inclusive environment where all feel welcome and help each employee still feel unique and important.”
WOMEN FOR WOMEN: Maria Inlong is one of many members of the firm's Women’s Alliance Business Resource Group, which fosters professional development and provides a channel for sharing ideas.
-PROFILES WRITTEN BY SUZANNE COSGROVE, JUDITH CROWN, MEAGHAN OFFERMAN, TRILBE WYNNE and JULIE TATGE
Results are based on a two-part process comprised of employee surveys and an employer questionnaire. “William Blair” refers to William Blair Investment Management, LLC. William Blair is a registered trademark of William Blair & Company, L.L.C.
Reprinted with permission from Pensions & Investments. © 2020 Crain Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
Further duplication without permission is prohibited. Click here to read more about Pensions & Investments
2020 Best Places to Work in Money Management.