Neuberger Berman Group located in New York City.
AUM: $304 billion
Years won: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“Our singular purpose remains the same today as it was in 1939: to deliver compelling long-term investment results for our clients. What makes us a Best Place to Work? Our people. It is our people who define and live our culture – a culture that focuses on empowering, connecting and caring.”
- Commitment to financial wellness. Provides a best-in-class 401(k) contribution and a financial wellness program for employees and their families.
- Gives each employee team a budget for engagement outings, such as ax throwing, rock climbing, sailing on the Hudson River, mini-golf tournaments, scavenger hunts and baseball games.
- Sponsors social activities, including an employee art event; an annual “NB Band” concert; puppy cuddle day; quarterly socials such as summer ice cream day; “NeuVersary” quarterly service milestone celebrations; and an 80th anniversary party on the Intrepid, a decommissioned aircraft carrier now home to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
- “The firm has successfully developed a culture where its employees are willing to go above and beyond their normal roles because they feel valued by the firm. This type of culture starts at the top and leadership deserves credit for developing it.”
- “Neuberger Berman fosters a sense of ‘we are all in this together’ from the top down, each person is valued for their opinions and contributions. We are given the information and tools to go out and perform our jobs more than effectively.”
- “They go above and beyond to ensure we’re genuinely happy, not overworked, and most importantly, feel like we are a part of something. There is a real genuine sense of serving a real purpose here.”
Compiled by Rick Baert.