Income Research + Management located in Boston.
AUM: $75.9 billion
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“We believe that supporting and respectfully challenging one another helps us generate positive investment results for our clients and, consequently, feeds directly into our firm’s success. Our culture is defined by ‘ever better’ — in our experience, when we resolve issues together, we enjoy our work more and deliver enhanced solutions to our clients.”
- Provides employees with the flexibility to dress casually — such as wearing jeans — when there are no clients in the office.
- Encourages employees to give back to their communities with charitable donation matching, an annual grant contest and ample volunteer opportunities, including two paid days off a year to volunteer.
- Provides a profit-sharing contribution made up of a 3% safe-harbor contribution and 12% discretionary contribution to all eligible employees’ 401(k) plan.
- “The culture at IR&M is exceptional. It is not uncommon to receive high-fives from the most senior members of the firm. I think every employee recognizes that we work at a special place and that every one of us wants to preserve that uniqueness.”
- “Fostering an ‘ever better’ mindset, employees are supported to grow their skills through education, working on cross-functional projects or moving laterally across teams.”
- “The X-factor at IR&M is the people. IR&Mers have passion for what they do and genuinely care about one another. The company swag and nitro cold brew on tap are just icing on the cake!”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy