Artemis Real Estate Partners located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
AUM: $4.5 billion
Years won: 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“Artemis believes that top talent, collaborating frequently, can be a powerful competitive advantage when they represent diverse perspectives. Organizations that succeed in building diversity are less prone to groupthink and better positioned to capitalize on opportunity – and, they’re better places to work. More than 50% of the Artemis staff are women and minorities.”
- Hosts several sports-for-charity events to regularly bring employees together in a variety of settings, including several monthlong fitness challenges each year, a charity field-day event and a charity basketball tournament in New York.
- Embraces a learning culture that gives significant opportunity to employees to take initiative and expand their expertise. Artemis hosts regular lunch seminars and invites new workers to its annual investor conference.
- Holds an annual Halloween party, with in-office trick-or-treating and a gingerbread house party.
- “It’s great to work for a real estate company that puts real value in sustainability and societal aspects of its projects. Artemis’ intern training program for college students is just one way the firm demonstrates its dedication to improving the industry as a whole.”
- “We’re all proud to come to work every day at a 50-person firm that leads the industry in providing opportunity through transformational access to institutional capital and educational programs that open doors for everyone.”
- “Building a robust culture (by) conducting an annual anonymous survey to measure progress, hosting several meetings throughout the year to bring employees together, offering coaching opportunities to vice presidents, and connecting the CEO to junior staff through regular forums. Management is decidedly on the same page: That culture isn’t automatic and takes work.”
Compiled by Rick Baert