Vulcan Value Partners located in Birmingham, Alabama.
AUM: $12.6 billion.
Years won: 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“We are family-oriented and values-centric. ... We are responsible for the long-term financial futures of real people and that is something that we take to heart every single day. We show up because we care deeply about that mission.’’
- Offers fully paid maternity leave for 20 weeks and $10,000 per year in child-care assistance for five years.
- Sponsors wellness program with health coaches, quarterly wellness competitions and online mental health behavioral training.
- Provides up to $11,000 a year per employee for professional growth and development training opportunities.
- “They are very generous with the employees, understanding and encouraging. ... There is food and drink available to us. ... They pay for our gym, help with child care.”
- Vulcan “has not only clearly defined its mission and core values, but manages to live and breathe them from bottom to top. My/our personal and professional lives are equally valued, recognized and appreciated. … Most of all, we practice what we preach!”
- “The environment is friendly and open. The CEO and president will even eat in the break room and talk (with us). I feel confident that if I ever needed any help in a professional or personal manner, I would be able to easily get that help from anyone here.”
Compiled by Rick Baert