The Blackstone Group located in New York City.
AUM: $545.5 billion
Years won: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“Some of the key things that make Blackstone a best place to work are our flat structure, the entrepreneurial spirit our employees share and the hyper-meritocracy, which gives considerable room and ability to grow. A lot of responsibility is given here — employees are expected to have a view and to speak up regardless of tenure. As a result people here are truly collaborative and in it together.”
- Sponsors social activities, including monthly happy hours, eating contests and exercise challenges.
- Hosts off-site networking events such as classes at Orangetheory Fitness and Swerve Fitness; and team-building events including ski trips, suite tickets to sporting events and birthday breakfasts.
- Provides community-service opportunities through its Blackstone Connects program. Supports employee participation in charitable activities such as City Harvest, a non-profit aimed at feeding the hungry in New York, and charity bike rides.
- “Blackstone does a tremendous amount to cultivate employee happiness: group outings, events, volunteer work, free lunches and snacks, bagel Fridays, froyo Thursdays.”
- “Blackstone’s culture is one of excellence and collaboration. From early on in your career, you are pushed to speak your opinion, no matter the situation. ... Many themed events allow employees to interact with their colleagues outside of the office and build the chemistry to enjoy working together even more.”
- “They literally care about their employees. They encourage having a work-life balance, which is very important. I like the fact there isn’t any micromanaging and having trust and respect for all.”
Compiled by Rick Baert