Our client, UAW Retiree Medical Benefit Trust (“the Trust”), the largest non-governmental purchaser of retiree health care in the United States, covering over 860,000 members, is seeking a Director of Investment Operations.
The Director of Investment Operations reports to the Chief Investment Administrative Officer, and works closely with the Trust’s Chief Investment Officer. This is a hands on position responsible for directing, building and managing the Trust’s Investment Operations team of 7-8 professionals. The Investment Office is comprised of approximately 35 professionals and is located in Ann Arbor, MI.
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business or related discipline. An advanced degree in business, economics, finance, or related field is highly preferred. Industry certifications (CFA, CAIA, CIPM, CPA) will distinguish the most attractive candidates.
• Significant (ideally eight or more years) experience in an investment-related operations role with ideally three years direct operations experience with alternative asset classes to include hedge funds, real assets and private credit.
• Strong understanding of investment operations process development and demonstrated experience in leading and working with an outsourced investment systems platform to ensure data quality and accurate performance reporting.
• Familiarity with investment information systems including, but not limited to, Caissa, BlackRock’s Aladdin, iLevel, Bloomberg, and Code Red.
• Strong fundamental knowledge of necessary controls and data integrity measures.
• Experience building an operations function a definite plus.
Detailed position specifications are available by clicking the link below:
To APPLY please email your resume to Amy Miller at email@example.com.