Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) provides investment and trust services, including the investment management of the Florida Retirement System Pension Plan, one of the largest public pension plans in the United States. Our job is to find markets, strategies and assets in which to invest and in which our knowledge, long-term perspective, size and investment partners create advantage. Discerning the right mix of opportunities and how to capture them is what we do.
We have a deep and experienced investment team at the SBA and also partner with many of the world’s most capable and respected investment organizations. This positions us to have excellent market visibility and to find opportunity, no matter the asset class, industry or location, often by allying and aligning the SBA with the best in class investors in any given space. The SBA is committed to building and maintaining the team and culture at a strength that empowers mission and vision fulfillment. We seek individuals who enhance our team by contributing both to our knowledge pool and to the ethics and integrity that underscore our services.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Senior Investment Analyst III in our Global Equity department. The Senior Investment Analyst III will be an integral member of a 17 person team managing over $85 billion in Global Equity assets in U.S., international, emerging and frontier markets. The team directly manages passive and active strategies in-house and also works with leading institutional asset managers across the globe.
The Senior Investment Analyst III will be responsible for developing and implementing a custom analytical platform of algorithmic, visualization and software programs to evaluate the risk and returns of all of Global Equity’s investments. The position will also support innovation of enhanced performance and risk reporting systems as well as contribute to Global Equity’s research agenda. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to combine programming and data analytics skills and an interest in the equity markets to support key investment decisions. This position will report to the Director of Reporting and Analytics.
What you’ll do
• Support the development and maintenance of a custom analytical platform to evaluate all Global Equity investment strategies
• Support and enhance the production of performance, analytics and risk reporting of the entire asset class and individual portfolios
• Develop proficiency with investment analytics systems
• Contribute to Global Equity’s research agenda
• Provide support and assist with special projects, and
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you should have
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years of professional related experience
• A Master’s degree or MBA may substitute for one year of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Computer programming skills
• Advanced computer literacy with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to efficiently manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment.
• Ability to conduct research, compile data and present results in an articulate manner.
• A degree in finance, business, accounting, computer science, data sciences, scientific computing, MIS, mathematics or other technical field.
• Experience with Visual Basic or R.
• Knowledge of financial concepts/theories and statistics.
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com