Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) provides a variety of investment and trust services to various Florida governmental entities. A key responsibility is to manage the assets of the Florida Retirement System Pension Plan, which is one of the largest public pension plans in the United States. The SBA’s primary focus is on investment management as it does not administer pension plan benefits. The SBA is responsible for administering the FRS Investment Plan (a defined contribution plan), the Lawton Chiles Endowment Fund, the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund (currently known as Florida PRIME), the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and a variety of smaller funds.
At the SBA, we recognize that it is the talented colleagues behind our investment and trust management services who enable us to prudently balance risk and rewards and adhere to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. We are committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing both to our knowledge pool and to the ethics and integrity that underscore our services.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Sr. Investment Analyst III in our Risk Management and Compliance unit. The successful candidate will perform direct oversight of operational due diligence (ODD) on external investment managers (both public and private). This includes ensuring that tasks geared toward compliance, risk identification, evaluation, measurement, monitoring and mitigation are performed accurately and timely. This position performs complex independent professional work with minimal supervision. This position identifies ways to improve processes and provides oversight of external investment managers. The position assists the Manager and Director of External Investment Manager Oversight and requires an understanding of complex investment strategies and instruments used by the asset classes. The incumbent will produce reports and respond to complex operational due diligence, regulatory and risk related inquiries. The position is responsible for managing and developing/maintaining supplemental databases and other risk related tools required to monitor risk associated with external investment manager oversight. Developing a high level of expertise in operational due diligence methodology and technical applications used by the SBA in addition to those used in the industry as best practice is required.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing direct oversight of the functions related to operational due diligence
• Developing and maintaining automated databases related to External Investment Managers
• Acting as a liaison between External Investment Manager Oversight (EIMO) and all pension plan and asset classes
• Providing support to EIMO staff to ensure the maintenance of the on-going external investment manager risk profiles
• Reviewing and analyzing contracts and new regulatory rules
• Providing support for the EIMO team, and
• Performing other related duties as assigned by the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer or the Director of External Investment Manager Oversight to include additional monitoring and compliance related testing
What you should have
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in finance, accounting, business, management information systems or related field and three years of related professional experience
- Related professional experience in compliance or auditing may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required college education.
• A master's degree in one of the specified fields or an MBA may be substituted for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and demonstrate flexibility necessitated by changing priorities
• Ability to monitor and maintain quality control standards
• Ability to understand business processes and to identify and assess risk
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and to apply professional judgement in making decisions and taking action
• Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through skills
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, consistently produce accurate work, meet deadlines and to provide detailed documentation that supports processes and results
• Exercise initiative and work independently
• Inquisitive nature that leads to independent research
• Knowledge of industry best practices for controls, policies, and procedures
• Strong computer literacy (with emphasis on MS Excel, database applications and reporting) and analytical skills (including attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal staff across all levels of the SBA and external organizations, maintain rapport and build trust
• Experience with investment related compliance, auditing or systems automation
• Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively across multiple business units
• Experience reviewing evaluating investment related contractual agreements
• A CPA, CIA or CFA designation (is desirable)
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com