The Senior Marketing Manager for Institutional Marketing - Multi Asset Solutions leads and manages all aspects of go-to-market planning and implementation for alternatives and customized solutions in the Americas, including formulating strategy, positioning, content development, and measurement with the goal of improving and enhancing our ability to win and retain assets. The position is responsible for developing compelling messaging and collateral for custom multi-asset solutions and alternative products for institutional investors (DB and DC) in North America, and executing campaigns to build awareness and promote engagement and consideration for the firm’s capabilities.
The role collaborates with the Head of Marketing for the Americas, Head of Institutional Sales for the Americas, Client Service, and Global Consultant Relations to identify marketing strategies and initiatives. The role then oversees the execution of those initiatives, including coordinating matrixed resources from other departments, such as investment management and shared services. The objective is to produce and disseminate sophisticated, institutional quality, content, presentations, advertising, and public relations materials that positively position and differentiate T. Rowe Price in the marketplace to increase awareness, consideration, and selection by institutional investors.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Creative idea generation and strategic planning in support of identified business initiatives:
Develops integrated go-to-market plans to support and position the firm's custom multi-asset solutions and liquid alternatives capabilities. Given budget, resources, and analysis of the competitive landscape, draws on appropriate marketing tools (content, road shows, speaking opportunities, webinars, sponsorships, PR, web) to promote and differentiate T. Rowe Price alternatives and custom multi-asset solutions capabilities. Analyzes and monitors relevant industry trends and draws on investment and market knowledge to make informed recommendations and decisions.
Overseas the development and execution of integrated investment marketing campaigns:
Provides direction and monitors the work of more junior marketers to ensure the development of engaging, timely, and meaningful output and integrated campaigns to support identified strategies and/or initiatives. Delivers meaningful direction and input on positioning, themes, and content. Measures the success of initiatives/plans and adjusts strategies accordingly. Serves as marketing subject matter expert on custom multi-asset solutions and liquid alternatives.
Leads strategic projects:
Draws on own knowledge of institutional market, clients, and products to lead high impact, cross-regional and/or cross-enterprise initiatives.
Communicates campaign and content strategy:
Informs relationship managers around integrated approach to using content, collateral, and tools and ensures they are updated as required.
Ad hoc projects:
Supports various ad hoc marketing projects and initiatives as appropriate, including cross-business unit efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 9+ years of experience that combines marketing, communications, and investments preferably with an investment management firm, including 5+ years in alternatives space and/or 2+ years marketing custom multi-asset solutions
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Knowledge of institutional investment strategies and portfolio positioning
- Ability to work across business segments including USI and Retirement
- Deep knowledge of financial markets and investing
- Understanding of institutional investor needs and mindset
- Familiarity with institutional sales process and consultant databases
- Institutional marketing and project management related experience
- Ability to synthesize and disseminate information from both internal and external sources
- Experience providing coaching and mentoring in matrix organizations
- Intellectual curiosity and knowledge of current trends in the institutional marketplace, in particular, alternatives and custom solutions
- A personal drive to impact business results
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to think strategically
- An idea-generator with the ability to execute
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with senior investment professionals and executives
- Ability to lead project team with diverse skills and priorities
- Subject matter expertise to drive presentations and campaign development
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, marketing or communications
- Current MBA, MS Finance and/or CFA (or currently pursuing degree/designation)
- Extensive experience working in the institutional asset management field