PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Primarily responsible for sales, service and relationship management with the institutional consultant teams segment presiding primarily within B/D wire house firms. Will work independently and in concert with the Regional Investment Consultant (RIC) team to educate Institutional Consultants regarding our offering, build relationships within territory, and support and service TRP assets with teams.
Explore, document and further refine TRP’s strategy to target new business and service existing business within the institutional consultant community at targeted B/D firms. Ensure TRP’s engagement is strategically aligned to, and coordinated with, the overall B/D strategy. Work with USI Marketing, USI National Account Managers, and USI RIC teams to further refine our strategy and ensure implementation. This will include a plan for supporting coordinated sales or service planning between the Institutional Consulting sales professional and Financial Advisory sales where relationships exist in territory. Education and collaboration between the role and all of USI Broker Dealer sales is key (internal and external).
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
Institutional caliber sales person responsible for proactively building relationships, supporting and servicing Institutional Consulting teams within B/D firms. Comfort with DB, DC and Non-Profit markets and related client needs. The role is primarily focused on MSWM Graystone Consulting, ML Institutional Consultants, and UBS Consulting. Responsibilities include profiling teams, generating awareness, and continuing to evaluate product fit as TRP introduces new vehicles.
This role will work closely with the USI Broker Dealer team to build a strong knowledge base of the focus firms, their platforms, and T. Rowe Price’s product availability. Responsible for acting as the “quarterback” for coordinating and/or introducing Retirement Plan Services, Financial Advisory sales, and DCIO resources whenever appropriate to the relationship. Key touch points include the Institutional Consulting Directors within the teams in territory, Research Analysts, and key internal and external sales professionals.
Aligns T. Rowe Price resources (senior management, PM access due diligence requests administrative and operational support, client reporting and marketing allowances) to sustain world class service in order to build customer loyalty and satisfaction.
Advocates on behalf of firm’s internal mutual fund and sub-advisory policies by, providing investment reviews to sophisticated audiences, while maintaining an appropriate level of industry knowledge, familiarity of the client’s business strategy, product and distribution structure. Ensures overall service plan continuity by maintaining alignment of multiple internal and external parties. Identifies/communicates assigned relationships’ trends for input into planning cycle. Role also entails retaining accounts during periods of underperformance. Incumbent must meet performance goals that are benchmarked against internal and third party customer satisfaction ratings, obtain a designated number of engagements with teams, and show influence in AUM and net new flows within B/D team.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Responsible for new business development through cross selling to existing accounts and building new relationships. The Consultant Relations Manager uses a high degree of investment and product knowledge, and sophisticated prospecting and negotiation skills to influence CFA, CIOs and product managers.
- MBA or CIMA
- 5+ years of Institutional or Intermediary Sales/Client Service for an asset manager
- Superior communication/presentation skills
- Advanced investment/product knowledge
- Advanced relationship management/sales skills
- Ability to establish rapport and interact with client senior management
- Ability to act as ambassador for entire TRP platform
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of TRP mutual fund and sub advised policies
- Able to follow a disciplined approach to targeting potential business
- Able to establish credibility and rapport by balancing persistence with relaxed follow-up
- Consultative selling skills
- Able to apply systemic approach to problem solving and effectively use data and analytical tools.
- Able to focus a high level of energy on activities that provide results
- Demonstrates the ability to identify opportunities and take appropriate action
- Able to approach work in a clear goal oriented way
- Able to work collaboratively and to take direction as necessary
- College degree and 5 years of related work experience
- Series 7 and 65 Licenses