Private Markets & Funds Alpha Division
SWIB is seeking an experienced Investment Officer to join its Private Markets & Funds Alpha Division. The Investment Officer will work closely with the Portfolio Manager and Senior Investment Officer in investment sourcing, execution and strategy implementation for the Private Equity Co-Investments Portfolio.
• Source new co-investment opportunities
• Participate in discussions with the team regarding new potential co-investments
• Conduct due diligence on new investment opportunities through research, financial modeling, participation in meetings, and travel when needed
• Coordinate with operations and legal teams on the closing of new investments
• Assist in executing the co-investment strategy; help create and implement new processes to better effect communication and execute strategy
• Collaborate with the team to update the private markets and deal flow tracking databases
• Work with the Senior Investment Officer to track portfolio performance and quarterly returns with an overlay of benchmark statistics
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience in private equity and/or co-investment
• CAIA or CFA a plus
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• A willingness to travel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to
Careers at SWIB The deadline to apply is May 4, 2018. Resumes will be accepted after that date if the position has not been filled.
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
To be a trusted and skilled global investment organization contributing to a strong financial future for the beneficiaries of the funds entrusted to us.
SWIB will be an innovative, agile, integrated organization that optimizes investment returns while managing risk and cost over the long term.
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.