Public Fixed Income Division
SWIB is seeking an experienced analyst to join its Public Fixed Income team. The credit analyst is a hybrid role incorporating fundamental credit analysis with supplemental involvement in the role of trader and portfolio manager. The analyst will be an integral part of a seven-person team managing a $5 billion investment grade bond portfolio.
• Act as the in-house expert within assigned industries.
• Share responsibility with portfolio manager for determining industry and issuer exposures (duration contribution, dollar weight and duration times spread) and making buy/sell/hold decisions.
• Assign and maintain internal credit ratings and outlooks based on fundamental factors including business risk, capital structure, and industry/macro trends.
• Monitor earnings results and relevant news.
• Generate and update credit reports supporting assigned ratings.
• Assess relative value across indenture, capital / legal structure, peers, industries, and ratings.
• Generate trade ideas based on relative value, total return potential, price discovery, and liquidity.
• Participate in periodic fundamental and relative value review of issuers and sectors with members of the team to determine investment strategy.
• Exchange information on corporate bond markets with team members that manage other portfolios.
• Participate in presentations and meetings with various constituents to promote SWIB.
• Take a leadership role in sharing of information and professional development with team.
• Serve on organizational committees and special projects as they arise.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 5 years of institutional investment experience; 10 plus years preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required, CFA and MBA or business-related Master’s degree preferred
• PC proficiency with strong Excel, Bloomberg, and internet research skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to http://www.swib.state.wi.us/careers?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a962b78ec80162bbb5f2941775&gns=Pensions%20%26%20Investments">Careers at SWIB. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
To be a trusted and skilled global investment organization contributing to a strong financial future for the beneficiaries of the funds entrusted to us.
SWIB will be an innovative, agile, integrated organization that optimizes investment returns while managing risk and cost over the long term.
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.