SWIB is seeking an experienced portfolio manager in its Public Equities Division to lead one of the firm’s large-cap global sector portfolios. The incumbent will actively manage a portfolio to achieve above benchmark investment returns while managing risk within stated guidelines.
• Articulate and implement an investment process to generate alpha vs. a benchmark, including stock selection methodology, additional alpha drivers, portfolio construction and risk management
• Utilize this investment process to actively manage a large-cap global sector portfolio in compliance with established SWIB investment guidelines and policies
• Perform fundamental business model assessment and valuation analysis of individual securities as part of a stock selection process
• Effectively manage the risk parameters of the portfolio to meet SWIB’s tracking error and risk profile expectations
• Evaluate performance attribution reports and risk reports
• Provide written and oral updates on the portfolio’s performance, risk profile, and current positioning
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 8 years of experience in public equities research/portfolio management
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and CFA strongly preferred
• A clearly articulated investment process that has produced excess returns vs. a benchmark
• Familiarity with multi-factor risk models (Barra, etc.) is preferred
• Experience in global equity analysis is preferred but not required
• Technology, media, and/or telecom sector experience is a plus but not required
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to http://www.swib.state.wi.us/careers?gnk=job&gni=8a78819e61c091550161d39769700458&gns=Pensions%20%26%20Investments">Careers at SWIB. Deadline to apply is March 15, 2018. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.