SWIB is seeking an experienced Investment Business Director to act as the primary liaison between the investment management and the investment services functions of the organization. The incumbent will report to the Chief Investment Officer and will fully understand the needs of the investment management group across the asset classes and serve as a proxy of the CIO for the operating views of both the public and private markets divisions.
• Liaise with senior investment management to coordinate new investment strategies
• Facilitate the identification and prioritization of projects with the CIO and senior investment management
• Liaise with the operations and technology divisions to coordinate activities and projects with the investment management staff
• Coordinate across investment management teams when solutions or initiatives cross multiple asset classes
• Liaise with the Project Management Office on projects impacting investment management teams
• Coordinate legal agreements, including counter party negotiations, on behalf of the investment management group
• Assist the CIO with the official reporting for the investment committee and the board of trustees
• Create and maintain a set of investment management metrics to the organization, investment committee, and
board of trustees
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, a Graduate degree in business, public administration, law, or related program preferred
• At least 10 years of experience working in the investment management industry specializing in operations, legal, or administration
• Extensive knowledge of public and private markets investment strategies
• Experience supporting and interacting with multiple asset classes
• Experience working with a board of trustees
• Experience leading people and teams in a non-supervisory role
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to Careers at SWIB. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.