SWIB is seeking an experienced analyst for its Multi-Asset Strategy Division. The incumbent will work with the Multi-Asset team and other SWIB investment teams to actively participate in the management of the multi-asset portfolios by generating investment ideas while managing risk. The incumbent will be part of a team investing unconstrained across markets to produce alpha wherever there is opportunity.
To be a trusted and skilled global investment organization contributing to a strong financial future for the beneficiaries of the funds entrusted to us.
SWIB will be an innovative, agile, integrated organization that optimizes investment returns while managing risk and cost over the long term.
• Identify, recommend, implement, and manage investment strategies for the Multi-Asset portfolios. Strategies are largely market-neutral and can operate in and across a variety of asset classes.
• Monitor the risk of existing portfolio positions and strategies.
• Work with the Multi-Asset portfolio manager and other members of the Multi-Asset team to identify the best current uses of capital and collateral.
• Work with the Multi-Asset portfolio manager and other members of the Multi-Asset team to optimize the long-term risk/return characteristics of the multi-asset portfolios.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 5 years of investing experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; CFA or Master’s degree in finance or related program preferred
• Experience working with market-neutral strategies
• Experience working across different asset classes
• Experience modeling securities, derivatives, or asset classes
• Experience identifying and testing profitable trading strategies
• Knowledge of derivatives
• Knowledge of alpha factors across asset classes
• Familiarity with portfolio construction, optimization, and risk management
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg and/or Factset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful, performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to Careers at SWIB. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.