Who we are
At the Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS), we help provide more than 280,000 Texans with retirement, disability and survivor benefits. TCDRS is one of the best funded retirement systems in the nation with more than $29 billion of assets under management. Our unique features keep us financially strong.
How we’re different
• We are savings based: Members save for their own retirement over the length of their careers. The TCDRS benefit is based on the total final savings balance and employer matching.
• We are responsibly funded: Our employers pay 100% of their required contribution rate each year. This ensures that funds are there when needed.
• We offer flexibility and local control: TCDRS is not a one-size-fits-all system. TCDRS employers can choose benefit levels to meet their needs and budgets.
What we need
The Private Equity Associate Manager will work with the private equity managing director to oversee the trust’s private equity and private real estate portfolios. These portfolios consist of globally diverse set of buyout, distressed debt, venture capital, energy/natural resources, and opportunistic real estate partnership investments. This is a mid-level position within our private equity program, and candidates must be capable of fully managing assigned general partner relationships. Responsibilities associated with this position include:
What you’ll do
• Manage the negotiation of limited partnership agreements, side letters and related partnership documents
• Serve on partnership advisory committees and attend annual meetings
• Evaluate the progress of partnerships, recognizing whether or not a manager is successfully executing the expected investment strategy
• Provide recommendations regarding investment decisions
• Prepare weekly and quarterly reports on manager performance and investment activity
• Source/foster relationships with potential new general partners
What you should have
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university—major in finance, economics, or accounting is preferred
• Advanced degree in related field (MBA, Master of Finance, JD, etc.) or certification (CAIA, CFA)
• Minimum of three years of directly relevant experience.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word
• Effective communication, analytical, and organizational skills
• Must be able to interact confidently with senior investment and management professionals
• Ability to travel, including internationally, is required
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a dynamic work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, submit your resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements to InvJobs@tcdrs.org. Please refer to the job title in the subject line of your email.