Geode Capital Management, LLC is a global systematic investment manager with over $327 billion in assets under management across passive and active equity, equity-option based, commodity, absolute return, and asset allocation strategies. Our investment professionals employ advanced quantitative techniques seeking to uncover market opportunities applied within a disciplined framework, resulting in efficient access to market exposures for institutional and retail investors. With a robust infrastructure and talented investment professionals, Geode offers its clients the scale of a large asset management firm, with the benefits of a versatile investment platform – flexibility and customization to provide the essential building blocks for today’s changing investment landscape. The firm is located in the financial district in downtown Boston and employs over ninety employees in an entrepreneurial and team-oriented environment.
Geode is seeking a professional with strong, established knowledge of the institutional investment community to lead our growing business development team as the Head of Business Development. The Head of Business Development reports to the President and CIO and is responsible for all aspects of the marketing, sales, relationship management, and client service activities across the firm by facilitating interactions between Geode and its clients, prospects, and distribution partners. In addition, this role assists with new product development and strategic planning.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to consistently identify, develop, and grow new business opportunities for the firm, effectively positioning Geode’s investment management capabilities and strategies with prospective and existing institutional partners. The role will focus on self-sourcing customers as well as following-up on external referral sources. This individual will build strong customer relationships balanced with a compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to Geode’s success.
• Manage all activities of the business development team, including relationship management, client service, consultant relations, and sales activity
• Manage, develop and evaluate a team of six professionals
• Present to and consult with senior management on relevant industry research, trends and flows with an opportunistic view toward developing new services, strategies, products, and distribution channels
• Retain and grow the firm’s existing asset base through proactive relationship building
• Drive new sales by successfully identifying and gaining access to institutional investors, plan sponsors, sub-advisors and investment consultants
• Participate in Geode Capital Management Board Meetings by providing updates on the business development plan and accomplishments
• Effectively articulate the firm's investment strategies in order to offer a creative and consultative approach to solutions-based proposals for prospects and clients
• Work with senior management to development an annual business development strategic plan and coordinate the execution
• Interact with portfolio management teams to identify and develop appropriate investment content, themes and product positioning for strategy marketing materials
• Oversee the servicing and support of existing clients and relationships, including investment performance reporting, investment management agreements, inquiries, and regulatory items as necessary
• Ten or more years of significant institutional relationship management, marketing and presentation experience as well as a solid track record in client development and managing teams
• US and international travel required
• Knowledge of and the ability to articulate investment strategies including “traditional” and “alternative” products
• Strong command of the current regulatory environment such as SEC requirements as it relates to the sales and marketing of investment products
• Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, key issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development
• Motivated team player with strong interpersonal, organizational, managerial, and problem solving abilities
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex information to a diverse audience
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance is preferred along with an MBA, advanced business degree and/or CFA
Qualified candidates that meet the requirements for the role, should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Head of Business Development in the subject line.