Org. Setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the Investment Management Division (IMD) of the United Nations
Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). IMD is responsible for the day-to-day management of
the investments of the Fund. The Investment Officer reports to the Senior Investment Officer
of Global Emerging markets which is approximately USD 4 billion with investments in 23
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Investment Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Helps the Senior Investment Officer invest and manage assigned assets of the Fund in Global Emerging Markets to produce optimal investment returns that avoid undue risk, balances long term strategies effective over an investment cycle as well as short-term tactics to achieve results superior to the benchmarks.
• Assists in implementing investment strategies and monitors the portfolio to achieve the performance to meet the Fund's investment objectives.
• Conducts careful and thorough investment research and makes specific investment recommendations when appropriate by evaluating economic and markets conditions and working on analyses with support of research providers and any other resources available to the Investment Management Division (IMD).
• Conducts investment research, utilizing internal and external information sources, including primary research through conferences, country visits, one-on-one with company managements.
• Conducts Evaluation of the recommendations provided by external non-discretionary advisors and externally managed funds
• Analyze and summarize financial and economic reports in Chinese. Upon request, provide a translation of certain documents to the rest of the team
• Conduct company meetings in Chinese, including verbal discussion and note taking in Chinese or English
• Participates in the discussion and the development of investment recommendations for asset allocation.
• Provides ex-post analytics on how investments strategies were adopted and decisions taken have impacted the performance on both the portfolio and securities level and completes ad hoc requests and analytics for quarterly portfolio reviews, Investments Committee meetings, and Pension Board and General Assembly reports, etc.
• Assists in the preparation of analyses as well as files ad-hoc requests.
• Ensures that all of the investments comply with IMD's investment policy and guidelines.
• Attends investment conferences and seminars to access academia and industry experts.
• Presents and discusses investment recommendations with Senior Investment Officer.
• Keeps abreast of rapidly changing techniques of portfolio management and exchanges views with colleagues and members of the investment community.
• Performs other duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in Business and
Administration (MBA), Finance, Economics or related field. A first-level university degree in
combination with additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the
advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in investment analysis
and investment management in equities. Experience in advising or managing Asian Emerging
market equities, with focus in China with an investment manager or financial institution is
required. Buy-side experience is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this
position fluency in English is required; Knowledge of Chinese is required.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira.
Please go to https://careers.un.org to apply, using Job Opening Number: 87286.