The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is an independent Federal Agency responsible for administering the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), the largest defined contribution plan in the world, representing federal civilian employees and members of the armed services. The TSP, covering 5 million participants and managing over $500 billion dollar in assets, is widely considered to be one of the best retirement plans in the world and a model for defined contribution plans. For more information, see www.frtib.gov and www.tsp.gov.
• The Chief Investment Officer serves as principal subject matter expert responsible for all matters related to the management, design, and operation of the investment program of the Thrift Savings Plan. Serves as primary advisor to the Executive Director on matters relating to Thrift Savings Plan investment policies, programs, and strategies.
• Analyzes investment strategies and performance of investment programs and vehicles similar to the Thrift Savings Plan, and recommends policies or procedures that benefit participants and beneficiaries.
• Oversees the analysis and assessment of potential new investment indexes, potential changes in procedures for investing and trading funds, and the preparation and presentation of findings and recommendations to the Executive Director, the Board, and other senior Agency officials.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with institutional investing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of investment policy.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with asset allocation.
Education: MBA or CFA preferred.
Compensation: To $187,000 plus eligibility for performance bonus, recruitment bonus and relocation.
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship required.
To Apply: Please submit your application by 11:59pm ET, October 9, 2017 via https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478442600
JDG Associates, established in 1973, is a leading provider of executive recruiting services to federal/state/local government, non-profit organizations, trade associations, Fortune 1000 corporations, and a broad array of government contractors.