SWIB is seeking an experienced, senior-level trader to join its Multi-Asset Strategy Division. The trader is responsible for the purchase and sale of domestic and international equities, futures, options, and foreign currencies within the organization’s trading strategies.
To be a trusted and skilled global investment organization contributing to a strong financial future for the beneficiaries of the funds entrusted to us.
SWIB will be an innovative, agile, integrated organization that optimizes investment returns while managing risk and cost over the long term.
• Effectively execute domestic and international stock trades, including foreign currency, options, and futures
• Provide trade strategy guidance to portfolio managers for all asset classes traded
• Provide updates on changes in market conditions
• Develop a network of value-add trading relationships with SWIB’s top research and trading firms
• Manage commissions to meet SWIB’s research budget, Wisconsin Brokers, and Minority Brokers guidelines
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• MBA and/or CFA preferred
• 7+ years of trading experience on the institutional buy-side or broker-dealer sell-side
• Bloomberg experience
• Experience trading foreign currency, options, and futures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful, performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to Careers at SWIB. Deadline to apply is April 14, 2017. Resumes will be accepted after that date if the position has not been filled.
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.