Department: Wilshire Consulting
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Santa Monica, CA
Category: Business Development, Sales
Since its founding in 1972, Wilshire Associates has evolved from an investment technology firm into a global advisory company specializing in investment products, consulting services, and technology solutions. Understanding that the investment requirements of a fund sponsor were unique and complex, Wilshire Consulting was established in 1981 to tailor investment solutions for public and corporate defined benefit and contribution plans, endowments, foundations, healthcare organizations and insurance companies.
Embedded within Wilshire Consulting, the Wilshire OCIO Solutions team was established in 2001 to develop bespoke investment strategies for clients and then shoulder the labor intensive tasks of implementation and maintenance in order to meet long-term investment objectives. As of June 30, 2016, the Wilshire OCIO Solutions team has full discretion of over $7B in assets.
Wilshire Consulting seeks a seasoned sales person to grow Wilshire’s Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) Solutions practice within a designated territory of the United States. While the initial and primary focus will be on OCIO, the right candidate will also be responsible for uncovering opportunities to sell other Wilshire products and services within his/her assigned territory. Territories being determined by the candidate’s current location, experience and background. He/she will report to the Head of Sales & Marketing and may be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO or Santa Monica, CA.
• Develop and execute a sales strategy for a given territory
• Build and maintain an active pipeline of viable prospects
• Record and report pipeline progress using SalesForce
• Participate in bi-weekly status calls with the Head of Sales & Marketing
• Identify and uncover opportunities to sell other Wilshire products and services within assigned territory
• Build relationships within Wilshire to ensure collaboration and teamwork within Wilshire Consulting and across Wilshire Associates
• Proactively share experiences, best practices and suggestions for improvement
• Attend industry conferences as needed
• Travel 50% of time within territory
• Serve as a good steward of the Wilshire brand
• In the first 18-24 months, sign new OCIO contracts with total annual fees exceeding $1M
Required Skills & Experience
• Strong academic credentials. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to identify, cultivate and maintain relationships
• 5-10 years of sales experience in the investment management or financial services industry
• Firm understanding of the institutional investment marketplace
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and prioritize work appropriately to maximize sales
• Direct experience managing a sales territory and pipeline
• Proven ability to generate new business
• World class selling skills (identify and develop leads; develop and articulate Wilshire’ value proposition through a consultative sales process)
• Ability to interact with credibility (demonstrate “executive presence”) with all levels of a prospect organization, from executive management to junior investment staff
Desired Skills & Experience
• Sales/marketing of financial services
• Superior organizational skills including consistent use of sales tracking tools. Wilshire is currently using SalesForce.com as its CRM and sales tracking system.
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to work with peers to grow a business
• A self-starter who is hard working and results oriented.
• Maturity, polish and personal presence to effectively interface with sophisticated prospects and clients.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - the ability to present ideas with precision and conviction.
• A passion for excellence.
• An entrepreneurial bent and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” orientation.
• Organized, thorough and detail-oriented.
• A natural team-oriented individual who is able to partner effectively with other senior colleagues.
• Must be comfortable with travel which can be extensive at times.
• Easygoing and able to work well with different personality types and with colleagues across functions and geographies.
• A high degree of integrity and professionalism.
• An international, dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment
• A competitive compensation package
• 3 weeks of vacation, 8 paid holidays per year
• 401(k)/Roth 401(k)/Medical/Dental/Vision & Life insurance
• Potential for long-term career growth and added responsibility
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.