Assistant Investment Officer
The Assistant Investment Officer of the Illinois State Board of Investment (the "Board") will serve as operational support to the Deputy Executive Director of Investments and other investment staff to ensure efficient investment operations. The Assistant Investment Officer will also have the following specific responsibilities, which will include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Deputy Executive Director in assembling Investment Policy Committee and Emerging Manager Committee meeting agendas and materials.
• Perform portfolio research on an ad hoc and ongoing basis. Present research and findings to Deputy Executive Director and Investment Staff.
• Responsible for compiling data for various investment-related reporting requirements including requests under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
• Assist in the preparation of certain investment staff documents and presentations including Requests for Proposals.
• Review the Board's Investment Policy quarterly, at a minimum and report any pertinent information to the Deputy Executive Director.
• Participate in searches and vetting process for prospective investments.
• Organize and maintain the Board's online investment management storage system and other investment related databases.
• Assist the Deputy Executive Director and the Investment Officer with monitoring of transition management and the securities lending program.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college, preferably with courses in finance or business administration.
Job Type: Full-time
• Finance: 4 years
Johara Farhadieh, Deputy Executive Director – Investments Johara.Farhadieh@illinois.gov
Christopher Brannan, General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer Christopher.Brannan@illinois.gov