SALARY GRADE: NS (M/C)
DEPT/DIST OFFICE: Investments
WORK LOCATION: NYC
JURISDICTIONAL CLASS: Exempt
SALARY: $130,000 - $160,000
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York Workers’ Compensation Law. The Fund’s mission is to guarantee the availability of workers' compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to employers, while maintaining a solvent fund, as well as to provide timely and appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers. NYSIF is a self-supporting insurance carrier that competes with private insurers in both the workers’ compensation and disability benefits markets in New York State. With 160,000 policyholders, over $2 billion in annual premium and $17 billion of assets, NYSIF is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in the state and among the top five largest workers’ compensation carriers in the nation. NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 61,000 New York employers.
Bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in institutional fixed income trading, including IG corporates, bonds, securitized instruments, US Treasuries, Agencies and/or Municipal bonds. Preference may be given to candidates who have obtained their MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential (CFA study at any level a plus). Candidates must be New York State residents or be willing to relocate.
The Trader will work in conjunction with the Portfolio Management team, primarily to oversee and coordinate trade-execution duties related to the internally managed bond portfolios. In addition, the Trader will support relevant portfolio-management tasks (whether administrative, analytical or other).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Interacting with the broker-dealer community to garner market intelligence and achieve best execution of trades for the funds under management;
• Making recommendations concerning fixed income investing opportunities; especially regarding relative value and market technicals;
• Ensuring the timely and accurate execution of trades based on the guidance of the Portfolio Managers;
• Assisting with portfolio management, with the goal of meeting liability-related initiatives and outperforming against customized bond indices;
• Keeping in compliance with investment policy guidelines.
Contact Address: The New York State Insurance Fund
15 Computer Drive West
Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: email@example.com